is an online collection of read-along titles for elementary, middle school, and high school students which features adjustable online text and complete audio narration. Sentences are highlighted as they are being read and the pages turn automatically. The collection features chapter books, early readers, graphic novels, YA/teen novels, high interest/low level books for both middle school and high school students, plus classics of American and English literature.
Read-Alongs are great for emergent, struggling, and reluctant readers, as well as being an excellent tool for ESL. They are also well received by strong and accomplished readers who are excited to follow along to the narration of their favorite books. Children, who are now growing up with e-mail, instant messaging, IPODs, and text messaging are early and willing adopters to this innovative online reading experience.
World Book Kids features:
• A variety of simple search and browse navigation options
• Thousands of easy-to-read articles with embedded multimedia
• Engaging images, illustrations, and videos
• A tool for exploring and comparing animals
• An Important People feature to help students search and browse through several thousand biographies
• A collection of age-appropriate science fair projects
• Atlas, interactive maps, and outline maps and flags
|Access from Home:||Yes||• A tool for exploring and comparing places
• Over 200 educational games and activities
• Teacher resources
Explora Elementary an appealing new EBSCOhost® interface for K12 schools and public libraries. EBSCO designed Explora following a series of user research studies with the goal of better assisting students in completing research and classroom assignments and providing a more intuitive search experience for public library patrons.
|Access from Home:||Yes||Note: This link will take you to the EBSCO portal. From there, you can click on the Kids Search link.|